Tonys 93 bronco

BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:
BajaF250 wrote:Hey Tony,
What shim stack are you now running? What did he change it from?

I have to ask him, he essentially doubled up on two of the shims, to firm it up. Jeeeeesush jones, she ran so freakin good yesterday, I was truly impressed. Hitting some pretty big ruts, no issue at all, and the front countinued to behave great with the new rear setup. On the mid level powerline stuff, we were flying (Steve rode with me for a bit) and it was gangbuster. Truly pleased!!!!

I am thinking of planning a little half day up in Barstow sometime after the holiday.. you interested?
Hey Tony, Heck yeah! I have an out of town trip in Jan and don't know the details quite yet... but I'll let you know if I can make the prospective trip! I'd love to go...
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

After looking at Tom's rig in San Felipe, and more importantly riding in it, I loved the thought of tieing in the header panel to the engine cross brace.

So while the Bronco was getting a little adjustment to a leaky header, I asked JL to work on a structure to tie the header panel in. Really pleased. Bushing mount at the cross brace, and then solid mounted to the double walled portion of the header panel.
Attachments
Bronco Tie In.jpg
Bronco Tie In.jpg (122.39 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nice! Looks like the powder coater is going to have a few more parts to coat Tony.
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Sweet Tony! I've been thinking about doing that ever since you and I talked about it a while back. I have my brace built now I see how its done. How well does it work?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looks good T. It's how I would have done it. That is IF I was nice enough to make the time to do it for you. I'm such a dick!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Looks good T. It's how I would have done it. That is IF I was nice enough to make the time to do it for you. I'm such a dick!

Well, you said it, not I.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

but I was joking....

Not a dick - just too busy with my own crap unfortunately. If I keep buildin things for friends instead of working on my own crap my trucks will NEVER run.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

I know, I am just busting your chops steve!
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

Looks Good T :)
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Awesome T. I was thinking of doing something like that and now I'm convinced. Expect to see a copy in the near future.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:After looking at Tom's rig in San Felipe, and more importantly riding in it, I loved the thought of tieing in the header panel to the engine cross brace.

So while the Bronco was getting a little adjustment to a leaky header, I asked JL to work on a structure to tie the header panel in. Really pleased. Bushing mount at the cross brace, and then solid mounted to the double walled portion of the header panel.

T, that looks great! Well executed!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

@Tom,
thanks for the idea, and the ride in SF, your the brainchild behind me doing this.

@Brian,
Do it Do it Do it!!!

I just drove the truck around town, through railroad crossings, and some dirt access power line roads by my house, and it is an immediate difference, I can definitely tell how it tightens up the front end. Sooooo happy I got it done!

Now, wash, wax and clean up Susie, and then take these parts of for powdercoat of course!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:@Tom,
thanks for the idea, and the ride in SF, your the brainchild behind me doing this.

@Brian,
Do it Do it Do it!!!

I just drove the truck around town, through railroad crossings, and some dirt access power line roads by my house, and it is an immediate difference, I can definitely tell how it tightens up the front end. Sooooo happy I got it done!

Now, wash, wax and clean up Susie, and then take these parts of for powdercoat of course!
Of course! :lol: :lol:
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Took em to get powdercoated, now back on the truck:

tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Got some goodies delivered today.

Been working alot with Yukon on the possibility of running some of their products on the princess. After a few conversations, some pictures and a couple of commitments, UPS sent me 5 boxes. They arrived the day Vic got into an accident, and sat on my porch for a few hours.... to my despise, when I got home, they were gone.

Effin thieves took them, so if you see some 4.56 gears for a bronco on Craigslist, please let me know.

I called Yukon, and not only where they upset at thier shipping department for not requiring a signature, they were upset I had to deal with this. So they immediately sent me a complete new set, sig required of course. I was BLOWN AWAY at their customer service. All of these parts disappear, and they wanted me not to worry, and sent me a whole another set of parts. Two Thumbs up.

So, here is what they sent:
Front Open Case
Rear Dura Grip Posi Locker (Yukons most aggressive Posi)
4.56 Front and rear
4340 Axles
Front and Rear Master Install kit

They want me to test, run, and provide feedback. I told them I was eventually planning on stepping up to a 9", they said they had a 35 spline package they wanted me to test, to let them know when I had an axle. Again, WOW WOW WOW!! Very impressed with their initiatives, and their service!

Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

dude, AMAZING that someone took that off your porch!!!

Good setup for Princess!!! When's it getting installed?
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Third member is already being rebuilt ( I had a spare housing) and the rear end will be done in a week or so.
Kyles95
Bronco Info: '95 Bronco XLT custom 2.5" lift 32x11.5 BFG AT soon 4 inch and 33's via cut/turn beams

Post by Kyles95 »

Drool..... :shock:
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Well, got the gears done.

Hats off to RWKSupply.com for the work, and to Yukon for the gears, lsd, and axles. I only drove her around 60 or 70 miles, but I must say, I was wrong about the 4.10s. Definitely a big improvement now with the 4.56's, I am happy!!!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Not much to report, picked up a Cold Air Intake a Leduc for $60, ordered some silicon hoses and a AEM to use instead of the K&N.

And also found a set of replacements for the KMC's. This wheel, those that know me closely are aware that I have been on the hunt for, and although Steve has a set for himself, no others were to be found, until Saturday night, when a set popped up on Craigslist. Alcoas, 15x7, 5 spoke. Forged!