Tonys 93 bronco

tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Well, got a little done today... thanksk to Philo, put back in some inner fender liner to keep the underhood stuff clean. Alot of work to get stuff to fit with the higher cutout, but well worth it in my opinion.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Cleaned, washed, waxed, tefloned and ready to be Sunday Driven!!

Brad12
Bronco Info: STOLEN 1994 XLT, 6 in. Superlift, ext. RAs, 35X12.5 R15, TTB, 8.8, 351, 3.55, K&N

Post by Brad12 »

you've got an amazing bronco, that thing is clean
Bronco was stolen in Berkeley, CA in 2014

I'm very slowly making my bronco go fast!
USA
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

:shock: BITCHEN.........
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

:mrgreen: I hate you......I cant put my Bronco next to that :lol: Seriously the Princess is looking good Tony and its great to know its a capable vehicle and not all looks looking forward to seeing it in person today and actually having the time to check it out. I didn't get a chance to at the race...
Jeremy
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Aww man, I dunno if I even want to pull in anywhere near you! That thing is flawless. Way to go Tony.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Tony,
What's left to do? Or, are you done (for now!)... ?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaF250 wrote:Tony,

Hey Tom, so if you mean the fenders, nothing, they are all done. If you mean the Bronco, there is always stuff to do .... hahaha. A 9" rear end, possibly an 1" or so wider, but then that means pulling the rear fenders just a bit ( I am good with that, just need to practice on someone else's before I do mine). Then if I do 1" wider in the rear, I am thinking 2" over on the front with uni-balls... it goes on and on.

For now.. she needs a new A/C compressor, getting that done tomorrow, and she is ready for the Oct baja trip. After that, going to do front brakes and rotors, just routine maintenance stuff. Enjoy it!!

We have to plan to meet up for the 1000....
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

tcm glx wrote:

Hey Tom, so if you mean the fenders, nothing, they are all done. If you mean the Bronco, there is always stuff to do .... hahaha. A 9" rear end, possibly an 1" or so wider, but then that means pulling the rear fenders just a bit ( I am good with that, just need to practice on someone else's before I do mine). Then if I do 1" wider in the rear, I am thinking 2" over on the front with uni-balls... it goes on and on.

For now.. she needs a new A/C compressor, getting that done tomorrow, and she is ready for the Oct baja trip. After that, going to do front brakes and rotors, just routine maintenance stuff. Enjoy it!!

Hey Tony,
Yeah, I meant the entire truck... it looks so perfect! I know what you mean, there is ALWAYS something to do! But, that's the fun of it all.

Sorry I couldn't meet for the Oct trip, would have been fun. But, my hand was forced on this set of projects on the truck. So, I have to knock them out before the Mil... I'm bound and determined to get this done prior so I can go prerunning!

I think the stars just may align for the the Mil... I'm pretty sure we'll be on the SF side. We may be running down to chapala or Gonzaga Bay and stay one night, but not sure of that yet... you may want to run down with us. That would be a blast!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaF250 wrote:
tcm glx wrote:

Hey Tony,
Yeah, I meant the entire truck... it looks so perfect! I know what you mean, there is ALWAYS something to do! But, that's the fun of it all.

Sorry I couldn't meet for the Oct trip, would have been fun. But, my hand was forced on this set of projects on the truck. So, I have to knock them out before the Mil... I'm bound and determined to get this done prior so I can go prerunning!

I think the stars just may align for the the Mil... I'm pretty sure we'll be on the SF side. We may be running down to chapala or Gonzaga Bay and stay one night, but not sure of that yet... you may want to run down with us. That would be a blast!

SF would be awesome Tom. As for Princess... well got her nice and dirty this weekend, and had an absolute blast in Mexico. Have a few things to do before the mil.... going to do front brakes, possibly lower the front end about 1/2", add the ambulance steering I picked up from Shockseals, and see if I can play with the timing a bit... ahhh, the list never ends!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

So minor update. Had a friend who works at Napa get me a ton of stuff... new tie rod (short end), 2 TRE, Front Rotors and Pads... Also will be throwing on the reinforced Ambulance Steering from Kris. Ahh, and after $20 in quarters, knocked off all the muck from last weekends trip, and she is all nice and clean again.
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Hey Tony,
What do you get with the ambulance steering? Since I just got all my steering done at Tommy Lee's, I'd planned to replace my tie rods, but each and every ball joint was tight... just need to replace my grease seals... Will it be a pretty easy swapout?

Are you still planning to drop your front end ½" or so? Make sure you check your alignment, you may loose something when you change your ride height.

It's nice carry the battle scars from you trips down south, but it's alway nice to get 'er all clean and shiny! The Princess is always so presentable! Gorgeous!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaF250 wrote:Hey Tony,
What do you get with the ambulance steering? Since I just got all my steering done at Tommy Lee's, I'd planned to replace my tie rods, but each and every ball joint was tight... just need to replace my grease seals... Will it be a pretty easy swapout?

Are you still planning to drop your front end ½" or so? Make sure you check your alignment, you may loose something when you change your ride height.

It's nice carry the battle scars from you trips down south, but it's alway nice to get 'er all clean and shiny! The Princess is always so presentable! Gorgeous!

The Ambulance steering is just a heavier duty drag link. Kris (Shockseals) sold me his, which he also sleeved, and gave it to me pretty cheap (great deal). I plan on getting the truck realigned when I drop her a little in the front, so figure now is the time to replace TRE and install the drag link.

I agree, battle scars are nice and cleaning her back up is part of the package!!
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

Yeah, I was actually comparing my tie rods to a set of SuperDuty tie rods... John has a set laying on his shop floor. It looks like all I'll have to do is shorten the long rod and it'll all drop right in. But, I've never had any problems with my steering, so I'm thinking I really don't have to worry about it right now. (Errr, well, you know my risk assessments, they don't always work out! :shock: )
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

BajaF250 wrote:Yeah, I was actually comparing my tie rods to a set of SuperDuty tie rods... John has a set laying on his shop floor. It looks like all I'll have to do is shorten the long rod and it'll all drop right in. But, I've never had any problems with my steering, so I'm thinking I really don't have to worry about it right now. (Errr, well, you know my risk assessments, they don't always work out! :shock: )
The ambulance steering also came on factory on late crew cabs with diesels and 460s. Big Bertha has one. It's a nice upgrade if you need to replace the long tie rod. The rest is all the same from a Ranger to a F350.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
BajaF250

Post by BajaF250 »

philofab wrote:The ambulance steering also came on factory on late crew cabs with diesels and 460s. Big Bertha has one. It's a nice upgrade if you need to replace the long tie rod. The rest is all the same from a Ranger to a F350.
I need to check that out when it get's time to replace mine. Although I've never had a problem with my existing tie rods, it's nice to have options just in case.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

So Mexico definitely took its toll on this street driven princess, after three powerwashes, still had some little chunks of mud falling out from her. But it looks like I finnally got rid of most of it.

This weekend, I decided to do some work that Andy and Chris both have been hounding me about. Good thing they have, because I think it makes a HUGE difference, but then again I am all about the little stuff.

So here is a before, and after.....
Before:

After:

Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Smooth as a babys bottom there Tony!!! Did you have the truck color sanded at Edgars yet? If not...it looks amazing....well either way it looks amazing.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:Smooth as a babys bottom there Tony!!! Did you have the truck color sanded at Edgars yet? If not...it looks amazing....well either way it looks amazing.

Thanks Andy. Still have not had it color sanded. I need to get with Edgar to do that. I did clay bar the pass side, then wax and reteflon it. Came out really nice. I still have to do the driver side moldings, and then repeat the clay, wax, teflon.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

There's no way I would take sand paper to that clear coat. All you would do is shave several years worth of wear off the paint. It already looks great without sanding.
Sho nuff,
SteveG